Talking to a friend has convinced me that waiting for the ORC License is an example of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Thanks, Bear.
So, it's back to full steam ahead for BKE.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view, I had some last-minute thoughts I'm working on getting into the new magic system. The additions are optional rules that can be mixed into your game.
Reminders and updates concerning Mini Six Bare Knuckle Edition (BKE)
- It will be released under a Creative Commons license.
- Since it won't be released under the OGL, it won't claim compatibility with or relationship to OpenD6.
- The main reason it has been written is to allow a pathway for writers who choose to build their game on the Mini Six rules to do so without relying on the OGL.
- It is a toolkit for you to make your games. It's not a complete game. You will need to add your own setting, and probably also to fill in the gaps not covered by the rules. Some assembly will be required.
- I have yet to make a plan to include any mini-settings to support it. If I choose to release BKE mini-settings, that would be a separate project.
- It's a reference document. I don't intend to publish it in print. I reserve the right to change my mind if there's enough demand, but since it will be released under a creative commons license, anyone could do the same.
- BKE is an evolution of Mini Six Bare Bones Edition but is not 100% identical to it. It will present some of the rules I intended to include in Mini Six Revised before I decided to leave the OGL world behind. It's intended as my farewell to this version of the rules.
- It would be fairly simple to "devolve" BKE back into a clone of Mini Six Bare Bones Edition. If that is what you want, that's fine with me, but I leave that exercise to others.
- Mini Six Second Edition won't be based on the core rules presented in BKE, though there will be a family resemblance.
- Finish the optional magic rules (1 to 2 days.)
- Finish the grimoire of sample spells (2 to 4 days.)
- Get the formatting consistent (1 day.)
- Add the foreward. (Final step, not much time.) I know, a foreward isn't needed in a reference text, but I'm going to do it anyway.